Saturday 18 February 2017

Tok Pisin Sermon, Inductive Bible Study and Friends

This week I spent a lot of time preparing a sermon in Tok Pisin that I will be sharing today at a New Life church on the other other side of Goroka and then again next Sunday at our church here on the Station. As I spent time preparing it, I was so thankful for all of the great training that I have been privileged to receive. 2 years of training at the Center for Pioneer Church Planting with great exegetical training and sermon preparation. Lots of mentoring relationships throughout my life. Bible studies. An internship at my home church. Being ordained as a minister of the gospel. All of these things have been such a blessing to me and have prepared me for gospel ministry here in PNG.

I'm also thankful for the New Inductive Study Bible that my parents gave me some 15 years ago. Using that Bible I learned inductive Bible study skills that continue to bless me today. Having the tools to be able to dig deep into the Word of God is a blessing that I took for granted. Since coming to PNG I've realized how much of a blessing these tools really are. The pastors we are connected with, my friends, haven't had access to these tools. I'm excited to be able to pass on some of these tools to them in the years to come.

Yesterday I finished writing my sermon and was in the process of translating it when one of my friends came over and asked if I wanted to go eat with them. I ended up bringing my sermon and they helped me finish translating it. It was a rather small thing, but it just caused me to remember how it is such a blessing to have good Christian friends here. The guys here have become good friends and brothers in Christ, and I am thankful to God for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment