Wednesday 22 February 2017

Our Cat Light

I know it's a small thing and maybe not the most manly, but yesterday as I watched our cat snuggling up on the couch with Sarah, I was thankful for our cat. I was given our cat when it was still a young kitten by one of the national families when we were in Madang. She has been a lot of fun for our family, although there are times when we get annoyed with her, like when she whines and tries to steal food. She's been great with the kids, even when Sawyer puts her in a choke hold and carries her around. We let Jemimah name her, and she decided on the name "Light".

Rats and mice can be really pesky here, getting into food and chewing through wires. Light has done a great job of killing the existing vermin and then keeping them at bay both here and at our house in Madang. I'm not really too much of a cat person, but there have been a few that I've enjoyed. There was that fat black cat Seth that used to curl up on my recliner right next to my neck when I lived with a family in La Crosse. Then there was Flynn Rider, who came to live with Sarah's family during the time that we were dating. He was a wild kitten who used to leap off the top of the couch and pounce on me in the middle of the night.

I'm thankful for the simple joys like furry friends that God has brought into our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment