Friday 10 February 2017

Our PNG House


I was de-cluttering one of my desk drawers yesterday when I came upon an old 3x5 with some prayer requests on it. About 6 years ago now one of my mentors had recommended a book to me called "A Praying Life" by Paul E. Miller.

That book really benefited my prayer life in a big way. One of the habits I developed as a result of reading that book was to write out my prayer requests on index cards,  with specific bullet points on each card relating to that request. Then as prayer requests are answered or new bullet points come up I update the cards and praise God for His work. I typically pick out 4 cards each morning and pray through them. If God has answered all the prayer requests on a card, or if it's no longer really relevant because it was only for a certain time period, I typically throw it away or it ends up in my files. The latter was true for the card that I came upon yesterday.

The prayer card's title was "Our PNG House". I had made the card about 2 1/2 years ago. At that time there wasn't any available houses in PNG for us to live in. I had three bullet points on the card:

  • Wisdom in placement of our house
  • Funding
  • Workers to build it. 
It was so awesome for me to sit in our house in PNG and to reflect on how God worked to answer those prayers! We ended up remodeling the old missionary house that was on our station into a duplex so that two families could live here. God provided all the funding, and he provided workers to do all the remodeling. We serve a big God!

No comments:

Post a Comment